Best neurology hospital in Chennai – OMR, Sholinganallur & Medavakkam , Neurological disorders are diseases of the brain, spine and the nerves that connect them. There are more than 600 diseases of the nervous system, such as brain tumors, epilepsy and stroke as well.
ASTRA Speciality offers comprehensive consultation, surgical procedures, evaluation, neuro intensive care and latest technologies treatment of neurological conditions in adults and children as best Neuro Hospital in Chennai.
- Arteriovenous Malformation
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Tumors
- Dural Arteriovenous Fistulae
- Spinal Injuries
- Spinal cord and Nerves
- Memory Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Spinal Cord Tumor
- Movement Disorders
- The Neurophysiology department which offers nerve conduction tests and electromyography, electroencephalography (EEG) and evoked responses (EP).
- Uro–Neurology, where patients with complex neurological diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease treated for urological complications.
- Neuroradiology, Neuro radiology services offering Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) at the dedicated private Astra Hospital neuro specialist, Computed tomography (CT) and interventional radiology. The interventional neuroradiology team is one of the largest in the country, treating cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations and increasingly acute stroke, all of whom are accessible via the Astra speciality hospital.
- A neuropsychology department provides the facilities for cognitive testing in patients with cognitive issues, and the Neuropsychiatry department provides psychiatry services with a dedicated ward.
- Neuropathology – an often underestimated service which is essential to neurological and neurosurgical diagnosis, in brain tumours, inflammatory disorders of peripheral nerve and muscle and also in the central nervous system.
- Neuro-Otology, where patients with conditions such as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and vestibular migraine can be treated appropriately with specialist vestibular physiotherapy input.
Doctor is very kind and gives sufficient time for understanding the problem. I went to the doctor when i was suffering from severe wheezing issue during the month of november last year. After doing proper diagnosis, she had adviced me medication for 3 months and routine visit after that. I am glad to share that during these period of 3 months , i was totally free from any wheezing issue even during the heavy cold during december.
Dr Kumar is so friendly and approachable. Clearly explains the problem and gives solution for the same. Met him for consultation for my mom and myself. On both the visits, Dr was patient to hear the issues and clearly guided for recovery. I wish him success in the new center @ Semmanchery as well.