Infertility is not a sexual disorder. Rather it is a condition of the reproductive system that can be caused by a number of factors in both men and women.
Our reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialists are compassionate, providing personalized care to assist couples who wish to become parents. With expertise in male and female infertility conditions, as well as women’s endocrine conditions, we provide a wide range of assisted reproductive treatments.
Infertility treatment in OMR, Sholinganallur, Chennai, Astra Hospital provides comprehensive assistance to couples who are not able to conceive on their own. Ranges from fairly simple techniques such as timing intercourse and inducing ovulation, advanced treatments such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF) and IVF/ICSI using a sperm or egg donor or surrogacy.
Astra hospital is one of the few hospitals offering an extensive range of fertility services. Supported by a team of specialist consultants in the fields of fertility, gynaecology and urology, we offer advice and treatments in all aspects of assisted conception, gynaecology, endoscopic surgery and infertility treatment in Chennai.
- Egg Freezing utilising the Vitrification Process
- Follicular Tracking
- IUI – Intra-Uterine Insemination
- IVF – In-Vitro Fertilisation
- IVF with Donor Eggs
- IVF with Donor Sperm
- ICSI – Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- Egg Sharing Treatments
- Surrogacy Treatments
- Surgical Sperm Retrieval
- Time-lapse Imaging of Embryos
- Genetic testing of embryos
Some tests and consent forms required for fertility treatment. You will be ready to begin treatment when you have:
- Completed your initial consultation and agreed on a treatment plan with your fertility specialist
- Completed all your relevant consent forms
- Completed all your relevant screening tests
- Made arrangements for your donor eggs or donor sperm (if applicable) – please note that if you are importing sperm or eggs from abroad, this may delay the start of your treatment.
Risk factors affecting fertility
There are also a number of key risk factors which do affect fertility in both men and women:
- Age – female and male fertility to a lesser extent does decline with age. This is particularly so for women whose fertility starts to decline after the age of 35.
- Weight – being overweight or obese reduces your fertility. We recommend a BMI of under 30 to give you an optimal chance of success. We do however treat women with a BMI up to 35.
- Smoking – can affect chances of conceiving in women and reduce semen quality in men. We recommend that you have given up smoking for at least three months before trying to conceive.
- Alcohol – the safest approach for women is not to drink if planning to get pregnant and for men, too much alcohol can affect sperm quality. Once pregnant women should avoid drinking alcohol altogether.
- Stress – in severe cases can affect ovulation and sperm production. In lesser a loss of sex drive. We do however understand that infertility and undergoing fertility treatment can be a stressful time. Our monthly support group and counselling are available for all our patients of infertility treatment in Chennai.
Best Maternity Hospital In Chennai
From puberty through menopause, a woman's reproductive organs are constantly changing through the normal processes of sexual activity, pregnancy and ageing, and sometimes disease and injury.View Procedure
Our team has the expertise and compassion to care for the routine to the very highest-risk pregnancies and deliveries. Collaboration, with each other and with our patients, is at the core of our philosophy.View Procedure
Best Pediatrician in Chennai
The comprehensive approach to child care from birth to adolescence and offer the entire spectrum of pediatric and adolescent primary health care..View Procedure
Dr. Vanitha is more service oriented person and a very friendly doctor who has the patience to explain the problems clearly and advise the required treatments.
she doesn’t start any medicines until its really needed. Extremely confident about her work and a very hard working person. She is reachable anytime to give any first aid and frequently checks the progress of her patients.
Dr. Vanitha Shri, highly talented and kind hearted professional. We approached her for Pre and Post Pregnancy care and we were gifted with such a wonderful doctor and a mentor. She was more like our family member. She is also very easily approachable through phone. She responded each and every time without any hesitation and clarified our doubts. She guided us through phone even when we were out of station. She avoided unnecessary medicines, took us in the right path and responsible for the birth of our child. We strongly recommend her.
She is a very friendly person. Doesnot suggest any unwanted scans or medicines that’s not really needed. Takes more care on the mother and baby. Today she is more like my family member than just a doctor. Recommended her to many of friends who had pregnancy issues and are all happy today parenting. She always keeps the mood positive and is the reason for her many successes.