General surgeons @ Astra Hospital are highly trained in a wide variety of surgical procedures using both minimally invasive and open (traditional) methods. Our priority is to perform the safest, least invasive procedure possible for your condition and individual needs.
- Gastrointestinal and biliary surgical services, including:
- Appendectomy (removal of the appendix)
- Gastrectomy (removal of all or part of the stomach)
- Nissen fundoplication (surgery to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Splenectomy (surgery to remove all or part of the spleen)
- Surgery to treat a bleeding ulcer
- Endocrine surgery. Surgery involving the adrenal glands.
- Hernia surgery. Surgery to repair a hernia, which occurs when an organ—such as the intestine—is displaced and pushes through the abdominal wall.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
- Outpatient surgical services. Outpatient surgery is a surgical procedure that is performed in a physician’s office, hospital, clinic or other ambulatory care facility. Outpatient surgery does not require an overnight stay and allows you to go home the same day the procedure is performed.
I had consulted the doctor for my mother’s severe abdominal pain. He immediately put us at ease with his friendliness. He further patiently explained her condition and the treatment process he would adopt. After the successful surgery (though bit complicated), my mother is fine now. We were able to approach Dr. Mahesh easily when required. I would definitely recommend him to others in need.
Well diagnosed and taken immediate measure for treatment, this resulted in timely recovery. Possess good experience.
First he sees the Patients Condition.He tells you what do about the condition of the patient.Then he will starts his manner.Properly by explaining the treatment process risks involved, post surgery care. Overall I feel he is hands are very good as a surgeon.