ASTRA Specialty provides comprehensive clinical services related to the digestive tract, liver and pancreas by best Gastroenterologist in medavakkam.
Diagnosis and treatment of the digestive system by gastroenterologists and surgeons polypectomy services (removal of polyps). Care for oesophagal disorders, swallowing problems, motility problems, peptic ulcer disease, biliary disorders and inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (including Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Gastrointestinal problems during pregnancy
- Liver Disease
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD or gastroscopy) to diagnose and treat inflammation of the oesophagus.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) to diagnose and treat diseases of the oesophagus, lung, stomach, pancreas, bile ducts, liver, gallbladder and rectum.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) to examine pancreas, bile ducts, liver, gallbladder.
- Colonoscopy to diagnose and treat the large bowel.
- Manometry (the test that measures the pressure and strength of sphincter muscles oesophagal or anorectal).
The Diagnostic and Imaging Department is a state-of-the-art facility, offering a comprehensive Gastrointestinal Radiology service at Astra speciality hospital, including CT 3D Virtual Colonoscopy, CT & MRI enterography.
The Gastroenterology Department has the latest generation 64-slice Siemens Sensation CT scanner, 3T and 1.5T MRI scanners and several X-Ray units. Our ethos is that the quicker our patients can be diagnosed, the quicker they can commence treatment from Top Gastroenterologist in Chennai, Astra speciality hospital.
Doctor is very kind and gives sufficient time for understanding the problem. I went to the doctor when i was suffering from severe wheezing issue during the month of november last year. After doing proper diagnosis, she had adviced me medication for 3 months and routine visit after that. I am glad to share that during these period of 3 months , i was totally free from any wheezing issue even during the heavy cold during december.
Dr Kumar is so friendly and approachable. Clearly explains the problem and gives solution for the same. Met him for consultation for my mom and myself. On both the visits, Dr was patient to hear the issues and clearly guided for recovery. I wish him success in the new center @ Semmanchery as well.