- He obtained a graduate Medical degree from Andhra Medical College, Vishakapatnam, India. He did his Surgical Residency training from PGIMER, Chandigarh, India, one of the leading medical institutions in India.
- He underwent specialty training in Hepato – Biliary – Pancreatic & Organ Transplant Surgery from ST. John’s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore, where he performed over 500 hepatobiliary pancreatic and gastrointestinal surgeries.
- He completed his Fellowship in Renal & Pancreatic Transplant Surgery (Liverpool, U.K). And later worked in HPB & Transplant Unit at King’s College Hospital, London, and subsequently joined the Multi-Organ Transplant Program at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom where he gained experience in various aspects of deceased donor multiorgan retrieval and whole liver transplantation.
- He worked as Visiting Fellow at Kaohsiung Liver Transplant Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan where he received specialty training in HPB Surgery & living donor liver transplantation. Following this advanced training, he worked as a Senior Consultant Surgeon in the Transplant Unit at Global Hospital, Chennai working under Prof. Mohamed Rela.
- He has extensive experience of over 500 cadavers and >250 living related liver transplants and management of critical patients in the liver transplant intensive care unit. He also had performed more than 800 renal transplants on his own and has a special interest in Pancreas transplantation.
- He is a member of several prestigious professional organizations including the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Association of Surgeons of India, Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, Indian Medical Association, and National Academy of Medical Sciences among others.
- Liver Transplant: Adult & Pediatric Liver Transplant
- Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
- Liver Tumours
- Portal Hypertension
- Vascular access
- Perumalla R, Jamieson NV, Praseedom RK. Left renal vein as an option for portal inflow in liver transplant recipients with portal vein thrombosis. Transpl Int. 2008 Jul; 21 (7): 701-3.
- Rajasekhar P, Mishra A, Mishra SK. Reoperative Surgery in persistent and recurrent hyperparathyroidism: IJS Vol 63, No 3, 2001; 228-234.
- Rajasekhar P, Mishra SK. Reoperative Parathyroid Surgery; Ann Endo Surg Vol 5, No.5, 2000; 29-33
- Ravindra KV, Rajasekhar P, Rozario AP, et al. Superior mesenteric artery syndrome following ileoanal pouch procedure. Ind J of Gastroenterology: Vol 18(1) 1999, 35-36.
- Rajasekhar P, Khanna SK, Singh Grupperat, et al. Awareness and Surveillance of AIDS amongst medics and paramedics. Annual PGI Medical Bulletin. 1993.
Having Personal Questions? You can chat(WhatsApp) with doctorChat Now
Why is Astra the best Speciality Hospital around?
Best Doctors helps you make medical decisions with confidence. We provide access to the best medical minds in the world so you can be sure you have the right diagnosis and treatment plan. We also help you find specialists and get expert answers to medical questions. Members who take part in our comprehensive case review process obtain an expert physician’s medical report on a USB flash drive, and benefit from the collaboration between the expert and the treating physician. Whether you’re dealing with a chronic condition, questioning surgery or facing a life-threatening illness, Best Doctors can guide you in the right direction.
Our Speciality Services
- Infertility treatment
- Chest Medicine
- Master health check-up
- General Surgeon
Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive.